Friday, July 8, 2011

8 July, 2011

Marilyn is one of my personal heroes
I could be sad today if I let that feeling swamp me.  Part of me wants to.  Wants to order the jumbo margarita as big as my head and crawl into it for the day.  I have a strong intuitive hit that the newest bf is pulling away.  Not because there is nothing between us, quite the contrary, but because his life is a hot mess.  I think I am only amplifying the angst.  As much as I would like him to stay, I will probably just let him go.  If there is something in there worthwhile, maybe he will circle around and catch up with me when he is free of the drama.  The ending won't be quick, but it is looming out there trying to darken my skies. 

Well....I'm not gonna let it. 

And who knows - maybe I'm just flat wrong about this one...

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I will be 50.  Many of you know this is the time of the year that I set my intentions for what is to come.  It's hard to imagine that my 50's are going to be better than my 40's, but I am excited to see them try to make me giggle more and float in a bigger sea of happy waves. 

I'm not interested in the big grandiose things anymore (excpet the BF thing - that I AM still waiting on).  For this inaugural year of my 5th decade I intend to try something I have never done every month.  No excuses.  Why in July I have already accomplished this goal by indulging in my first ever pedicure.  Heaven on a stick that.  Stay tuned to see what August brings.  Anyone know where I can hit some bellydance classes for cheap?

2 comments:

  1. You should try a karate class if you haven't done that before. There is nothing like kicking the bejesus out of a punching bag (or a padded up person) on a Saturday morning. I love your attitude. It is infectious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a wonderful way to bring in this decade! I hope you'll pass along what you do each month.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...