Thursday, June 2, 2011

The God BLOG

Last night Fringe Festival started here in Cincy.  A must see event.  Find one in a town near you!

Anyway, last night I had the pleasure of watching The God BLOG by Kathleen O'Neill.  In the tradition of full disclosure I will admit that Kathleen is a friend of mine as is the Little Flower, Lisa Cupito.  Man has Lisa got some pipes!  And Kathleen is frankly wasting her time in corporate, because she shone so brightly on that stage.  It was everything I knew it would be.....and more.  Roughly staged, laser-humored, slapstick, thought-provoking.  But Fringe offerings are like that, so a regular attendee expects that.  Still nice to have so much fun on night #1 of this 10 days of rebellion.  Go See it!!!  Go NOW!!

Now I wanna turn to what I really want to blog about which is about the joy of watching someone fulfill a life long dream.  I am inspired by Kathleen - me and everyone else who has ever heard a morsel of the ongoing GOD BLOG.  She has been writing it for years.  Her passion tightly bound in this piece of writing seen only by a handful of people.  This year, after much goading and flicking from nameless friends, Kathleen did something she had never done before, she submitted it to Fringe Festival and of course it was accepted.  Fringe knows quirky brilliance when they see it!

That single step took such courage and I couldn't have been happier to see her take it.  I have seen people attain their PhD, get married, graduate med school, do stand up comedy, etc.  Somehow this was better than any of those.  That single step took her out of safety and into her dream.  Yes, she had to be talked down off the ledge a few times in the past couple months, but really?  Who wouldn't.  It's crazy to think you can write, produce, stage, star in and compose music for a show in six months.....isn't it?

Apparently not.

Love you Kathleen.
Dream Bigger.

All y'all too.

5 comments:

  1. Mary: Thank you so much! It is such a treat to be the subject of one of your beautifully written posts. Thanks also for the nudges and the ledge talking! Love you, too! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED it....and I hope to see it again before it closes....or in Edinburgh Fringe - yunno how I love me some kilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ledge-talking comment - I remember some of those phone calls! Can't wait to see it again!

    And it's nice that I can now relax my flicking finger. : >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the love, Mary! It's been great fun to be a part of this dream realization for Kathleen. Stepping outside of my own comfort zone has been pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun as hell to watch you guys bust through the barriers and have so much fun in the process.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...