Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rock the Universe

Many years ago one of my friends introduced me to Mike Dooley's Notes from the Universe I was immediately and irrevocably in love.  These little daily notes from the Universe made me smile, laugh, think and ultimately helped change the way I view the world.  They opened my eyes to viewing the world like a Star Trek holodeck and making it be what I wanted with my the energy of my thoughts and intentions.  The cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs thing is that IT WORKED!


For example:  I had plans yesterday to letterbox with Phil and his girls.  The weatherman was right, when I woke up it was grey and raining.  That all day kinda rain.  Just like it has been for the last 6 weeks.  We decided to go anyway.  The girls starting singing this little anti-rain ditty


Rain 
Rain 
Go away
Come back tomorrow 
If you may.  


Yeah - it was kinda like this
Apparently rhyming is very important if you are gonna change the weather on the holodeck.  Instead of being annoyed by their incessant backseat singing, I encouraged it.  Phil and I joined in.  We did it fast, slow, quiet.  We funked it up.  We drummed our thighs and the dash till we were breathless with the giggles.  In other words we put some serious mojo behind it.  And all day long we had dry weather while all around us was grey, overcast and rainy.  It did rain at lunch, but they sang again and it stopped.  We traveled around in our little cone of dry.  Those are some powerful little weather mages he's got there.


I'm not the only one who is investigating the holodeck magics - not even close.  Recently I saw Thor (hot Norse gods with a V-cut - of COURSE I saw it)  and there was a snippet of conversation that made me stand up and go HELL YEAH!


Jane Foster: Describe exactly what happened to you last night. 
Thor: Your ancestors called it magic... 
[Thor skims through a book on Norse mythology] 
Thor: ...but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same. 


 I am no longer the victim of anything.  I no longer wallow in the bad story.  I no longer feel helpless and alone.  If that isn't magic, I don't know what is.   Oh and that weather that surrounded us all day yesterday - YUP we got it today.  Course the little weather mages said it could, so I'm not surprised.

2 comments:

  1. Too good to have your own little weather mages around. And hopefully they'll grow up without thinking at any point that they're victims! Yes! The paradigm is shifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Thanks, as always, for the reminders. I need to pay as much attention as you and Patricia do.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...