Monday, May 16, 2011

Is There a Dating 12 Step Program?

No really.



Hi my name is Blue and I am a serial dater.

WHEW!

Not by choice mind you.  I would absolutely prefer to be nested in a relationship with someone smart as shit and equally funny.  And the only way one can get THERE is to continue to date.

I like dating.  There I said it.  I have come along way since those nerve wracking first dates after my little break where I fussed for hours about wardrobe and wanted to hurl all the way through it.  Knowing that probably wouldn't make a good first impression was probably the only thing that kept me from doing it.  I am less concerned now about impressing them and more concerned about whether they impress me - which is how it should be.  Or at least it gets equal time.

I used to kid that I wanted to date my way around the world.....but just in case the Universe is listening (and isn't it always) that was a JOKE!  I'm getting a little jet-lagged and traveling without baggage is getting harder and harder to do.....so could we pleeeeeease get on with it and find someone to sit in that seat across from me?

Thanks for listening

4 comments:

  1. "I am less concerned now about impressing them and more concerned about whether they impress me..." I discovered that truth the day before I met Steve. :-)

    Apropos of nothing else, I have Across the Universe in the dvd player while I write this. "I am the walrus..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED that movie.....

    Here's hoping that making the leap to that understanding is one of the keys to success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that movie rocked...

    At least you're in the pool, polluted though the water may be. I have all the energy of a post-Thanksgiving turkey torpor when it comes to even THINKING about dating. Sometimes the concept of an arranged marriage doesn't look so bad. Kidding. Kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG - no WAY am I given my sex life over to someone of my MOM's choosing. Good Gawd.....visions of Anna Nicole Smith's husband

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...