Friday, March 4, 2011

Tree Snot and Real Snot

Spent last night in Port Angeles.....yes, THAT Port Angeles.  Screw Stephanie Meyer for ruining the rep of such a cool working town.  Stevedores, giant ships, the gorgeous mountains on one side, the ocean on the other.  It's nothing like the pallid town she refers to in her books.  There was not even a sketchy side of town that I could find.  But there was a huge store downtown dedicated to, you guessed it, Twilight.  I wonder how the locals feel about that?

Anyway.....I set off for Olympic National Park and a hike to Marymere falls.  Naive, unsuspecting me.  Frozen, snowing, trees dripping ice on me, my camera.  I did not make the hike to the top of the falls.  The frozen stairs made me turn around.  But I did glimpse the falls thru the trees.

By the time I hiked the mile back to my car, it was clear that something was amiss.  My nose was running like crazy and I felt terrible.  But I couldn't call it quits quite yet, so I drove to Bremerton and am about to crash at 5:30PM.  Bow feverish and achy.  Nothing like traveling across country to get sick and lay in bed.

Booooo germs.

1 comment:

  1. Think of it as an enforced meditation - a chance to absorb and integrate, body, mind and spirit, all the emotions and experiences of this past week. Feverish and floaty is an excellent way to handle that! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...