Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Place of Joy

Last night was the public read around at WWfaC, and during it I had one of those rare transcendent moments of understanding that this is exactly where I need to be.  I dig moments like that where all the crap parts of my life fall away and there is just this place where I am right now that feels so good.  It doesn't matter that I am unemployed.  It doesn't matter that I haven't gotten laid in a while now.  Or that there is a pile of dirty laundry on the living room floor along with the half-unzipped suitcase that used to contain it.   Neither do the pile of bills matter in that moment.  Here it is simple and full of joy.

Mostly today, I wonder how I can string together more of these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...