Wednesday, March 2, 2011

EST v PST Round 4, 5 & 6

Slacker girl!!!  Where are the blogs????

The second Clapton concert - a-may-zing.  Emphasis on the ZING!  Same set list.  Perhaps a bit less fun on EC's part, but mucho energy from the audience who, unlike crowds in Cincy and Indy, knew the entire Clapton discography and not just Layla, Cocaine and I Shot the Sheriff.  They sat reverently during the acoustic set which made me deliriously happy.  And even though lots of people sang along, they did it softly enough so as not to interfere with my hearing EC's dulcet vocals.  Standing for most of the show and bringing down the house for the encore.  WOOT to Portland fans!!!!

The real hit of Portland, after EC of course, was the Tao of Tea .  I went here on a friend's recommendation and WOWIE!  Not often you watch as a die hard coffee fiend falls in love with the subtle aroma of tea.  But he did.  The food was equally bodacious.  We liked it so much that we went back today for seconds.  My suitcase is groaning with the tins and bags of tea.  And I am gonna have to do a major purge to accommodate it when I get home.  Ditto Duz.  So watch out Whitefish.

I did manage to score both a Washington and an Oregon Letterbox.  So the gods of letterboxing have been appeased - for now.  Still have not planted my box from a fellow Cincy boxer, but I may get to it tomorrow.  +21 for this trip so far.

Just kinda pooped from the cold.  So have the heat cranked up on hi, jammies on and the remote in hand.

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent journey thus far - so much of your favorite stuff in one packed trip. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...