Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The A to Z Blog Challenge

The idea is that you blog everyday on serially alphabetical topics (not the cereal Alpha-bits.  Pay attention.  Here, have some more coffee), posting every day but Sunday.  See that little icon to the right with the apple?  Yeah.  That one.  Click on it if your interested in blogging along with us.  Even is you aren't, you can find the blogroll of writers there and read what they are writing.

I have been trying to decide what I want to blog about for this one or do I just want to randomly blog whatever comes up that fits the alphabet letter that day?  Ideas I have considered:

- blogging every day about some of my favorite words

- blogging about science topics (I was afraid I might lose the few loyal followers I have with that one though)

- doing photo blog pieces for it.  A standard photography class assignment is to have the student photograph the alphabet - only thing is it can't be actual letters.  And is there a name for that - a photo blog?   Yunno like a video blog is a vlog.  Is a photo blog a phlog?  Why does that sound more like a phunny S&M blog than a picture blog?

All of those felt too rigid in a blog challenge that has built in rigidity.  So I have opted to just let my hair down and fly by the seat of my pants.  Tray tables up kiddies, because this blog challenge starts Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I signed up too. Dunno what I will write about. That's amazing so many people signed up. I was something like number 788.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Tonja! Last year there was 100. I think their target was 300. Cool. Can't wait to see what you're gonna write. At least you have the B covered with the boogers.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...