Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sankofa Sunset

Sankofa is an Adinkira symbol (as my faithful letterboxing blog followers already know from the Dozen Dinky Adinkira Stamp Series).  It comes from the Akan "se wo were fi na wosan kofa a yenki." Literally translated it means "it is not taboo to go back and fetch what you forgot".

Last night as I was leaving to go to dinner with a friend I saw what looked to be the sky on fire as the sun set over the pond near my house.  OKOKOK it's really the holding ponds for a sewage treatment facility. But it's still pretty if one doesn't think about it too much. Like a little sankofa bird, I went home to fetch my camera. Snapped off this picture and still made dinner on time.  While it is not quite as spectacular as the initial observation, it is still a remarkable photo.
  


1 comment:

  1. And now sadly lost to the vaguaries of computer death. Hey, at least it's here!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...