Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stealing Karma

A couple weeks ago, I had a dream wherein an unknown person reached into the cargo netting of my backpack and removed a right angle triangle and a circular protractor (glad that at least my dreams get a use from those, bc I never did).  This person then stashed them in the cargo netting of their own backpack.  All done in plain sight of many people.  When I called them on it, they denied it and no one seemed to have seen them do it or don't care.  Even though they could see them in their backpack and knew them to be mine, they did not back me up.  

I thought I knew what the dream was about since I had it Thanksgiving eve.  But, since I am now part of a dream group (YAY!), I wanted to see what kind of archetypal images my subconscious was throwing out - in particular the circle, the triangle and the backpack.  So I looked them up in my handy dandy dream dictionary.  

The one that kinda surprised me was the backpack, which represents what you are carrying with you.  Karma if you prefer or just the baggage and junk we all seem to lug everywhere.  Makes sense.  The idea that someone would remove part of that and take it on themselves seemed strange to me.  In every way this would be a spectacular gift to give someone - to take part of their karmic burden onto yourself.  And that thought blows the doors open on some new ways of looking at a situation I struggle with mightily over the holidays.  

My dream group offered up a few other explanations that layer the dream images so elegantly and allow it to address lots of things simultaneously.  Love multi-tasking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...