Sunday, December 5, 2010

Old Nuggets Pt 2

In Honor of Dreams September 18, 1985

Rhinestones and cobwebs
Mudpies in porcelain
Reaching.  Not touching
All things that have been

Dreams whirl like sandstorms
throughout my brain
ripping and tearing.
And yet, there's no pain.

Dewdrops on candlelight
Bologna with cheese
Migraines and sweet smells
that float on the breeze.

All keep my company
into the morn
Only on waking 
from me are torn

And yet I remember
in odd kinds of tides
and try to discover
the meaning they hide.


Untitled     March 22, 1986

It's so dark
with only flashing lights
reflected in the mirrors.

Billy Joel croons an old tune
that I only vaguely hear

For I find my eyes and thoughts
riveted on you.

I would love to reach across the table
and touch you

but the more I think about it
the wider the table becomes
and I know my arms are no longer
of a length to span the distance 
between us.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...