Monday, October 18, 2010

Weird? Word!

It's been a weird summer so far.  I suspect that things are gonna get a lot weirder before spring comes.  Guess it's a good thing I like weird.  I don't know why that is.  It's just always been that way.  The same way I like edges and really old wavy glass windows.  There's no good explanation.  It just IS.  Maybe it's the dismissive way that my mom used to tell me 'That's just weird' whenever I wanted to show her something that had lit up my child's brain.  I hated when she did that.

I embrace weird with all my heart.   The cool thing is that lots of interesting stuff happens in the place of weird that NEVER seems to happen in the place of normal and perfectly understandable.  So I am curious and kinda excited to see what's gonna happen here next month in the place of really BIG weird called unemployment.  God, I hope it's as cool as Jack Skellington.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I've come to the conclusion that it's a gift because I am rarely ever bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read back...

    The same way I like edges and really old wavy glass windows.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...