Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Sighting

Rough day today that sent me scurrying to the woods to decompress. As I hiked the usual trail the sun set and evening crept in. I felt a bit depressed by my dating fiascoes and the pressures of finding a job or waiting it out. I couldn't help but look for the medicine bag and again saw no sight of it. I didn't really expect to.

As I began the climb I clearly saw a young male deer in my mind walking beneath the branches where it had been hung. The cord became looped around his antler and the bag parted from the tree and went with him wherever he is going. Pretty much a clear indication that the situation is now resolved (and that feels truth) and that the bag is no longer to be found. Knowing that, my steps became faster and lighter as my eyes stopped roving the trees for a glimpse.

Now I can walk this stretch of woods and be free of the looking.

1 comment:

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...