Friday, September 10, 2010

Dream 9/9/10

I don't often dream about work (read never).  But last night I am dreaming about being in the lab.  Working as usual.  A clinical fellow I used to work with named Dave is there too.  I notice my face feels odd and when I touch it my fingers bring away blood.

I realize that Dave has carelessly flung sulfuric acid (I know it is sulfuric and not hydrochloric or any other acid) and a spray has landed across my face.  There is a stripe of acid burned skin extending from my forehead across the bridge of my nose and below my right eye.  It doesn't hurt or burn the way acid burns do in real life and if I had not touched it, I am not sure I would have known.  I try to rinse it off, but the damage is done.  The ugly raw wound carving across my face.  

So what does it mean?  I dunno.  I am interviewing for a job the next day - perhaps a cautionary dream about getting burned by someone else's carelessness.  Dave is an MD.  The person I am interviewing with also an MD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...