Wednesday, August 4, 2010

#10 Divining Cinnamon

This morning I got up and puttered in the kitchen. I am enjoying a rare day off for no reason other than I wanted to. So, I made a loaf of egg bread. This is a first for me and like most things I try I have absolutely no idea how it will turn out. From the stale remains of last weeks bread (or is it the week befores?) I usually make bread pudding. This past weekend I got some really delectable peaches from McGlassons my favorite farm on Rt 8. They were perfect, but as is the way with most peaches, they are also ephemeral. So I decided that some of the peaches could go into the bread pudding. It smells yummy by the way.

Anyway that is how I came to today's photo. I am drawn to things that are strongly patterned. So as I stirred the cinnamon into the egg/milk mixture, I had to stop for a moment because it was just that striking. As I stared at it for a while longer, I knew I could 'read' it. I know diviners generally use bones or stones or cards (I do have one friend who can read pie and you know who you are PATRICIA), but I gave up requiring any certain tool a long time ago (that is not a dis on my friends who use their tools so capably that I am stunned. Its just how I am). It is just easier for me to use what is at hand. And what I need is almost always within 3-4 feet of where I stand. I once used a brand new box of 64 Crayolas to do a healing session which was just so much fun! But I digress. I gave it a couple stirs with intention and this is the result.

I don't know what anyone else 'sees' in there. But i see a fish trailing a long beautiful tail like a beta (to make it easier, I have outlined the fish in green and reposted the photo). This fish is riding the crest of a huge wave (shown in blue). The fish isnt stressed out or flailing. It is just enjoying the ride. So what does that mean? To me it speaks of relaxing and letting the wave do the work instead of me. That whatever change is coming that things will be easier if I go with the wave instead of fighting against it. Of playing just for the sake of play. Oh - and to get my ass into some water somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see the fish but immediately saw a beautiful woman w/long flowing hair who is one w/the water (u lil crab u)...free flowing coming from the water, into the water...loving, emotional and more beautiful than ever. Free of all around her, in her space that invites joy and passion.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...