Sunday, July 4, 2010

Blue-finity

My brother Jim aka Duz has been here for a short week of mostly wonderful things. One of the activities he liked best last time he visited was meeting my friend Gene Jackson (www.thecrystalguy.com). The connections that Spirit encourages between people are sometimes inexplicable to me and this is one of them, but hey twist my arm and make me go play at Gene's house. C'mon puuuuhlease!!! Anyway, Gene had a stone he had put aside for Duz in December after he came back from Tuscon and it didn't feel fair to make him hold that forever, so off to Gene's we went.

Duz ended up with some really great stones - I can't tell you what since I was busy finding my own. He DID take the amethyst phantom in the smoky quartz that Gene had set aside. Double terminated (pointy at both ends) and self-healed. Those qualities seem good for Duz right now - especially the self-healing aspect. I hope he finds a way to use the stone to promote that in his life.

After about 20 minutes Gene handed me a basket (he knows me too well) so that I could tote my finds around with me. Out in his work room, while he and Duz were grunting and playing with power tools, I started poking thru Gene's stash. He is really sweet and let's me do that sometimes. Oh, I know they will cost me, but honestly I have found some of my favorite pieces on his workbench. I opened a flat of stones that he had set aside to cut into smaller pieces suitable for wire-wrapped jewelry. In that box one really beautiful slab gobsmacked me in the head and into the basket it went. (I don't know what it is or what properties is has. Sorry crystologists. I use them intuitively and I like it that way. That's just how I roll). It was joined by some tumbled blue apatite (my new fave), a palm size piece of iolite w/ sunstone, and tumbled half-dollar size pieces of carnelian, hemimorphite, chrysocolla, larimar, and a few other things. For those of you unfamiliar with those stones - they are varying shades of blue and green.

Normally I avoid the blue stones as they amplify alot of things in my nature that do not need amplifying (there IS a reason the blog is called blue blithers). And if left to my own devices, my entire collection of stones would be blue green and purple. As a practitioner, I sometimes need something other than that so I generally minimize the blue-finity and choose some others as well. The slab with its beautiful mahogany and sapphire swirls had inspired those choices and I had let it speak about what else should go in the basket. It is a beautiful stone, but judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...