Sunday, July 18, 2010

#2 - July 18

I dig little openings like this. Mysterious. Destination unknown. This one is on the mountain bike trail behind Tower Park in Ft. Thomas.

Normally I walk the Landmark Tree Trail in Tower Park by Carmel Manor nursing home. Today I decided to poke around back on the bike trails. These are amazingly well marked and easily traversed with a trail map. I meandered all the way down to Rt 8 on various trails. Remnants of wall and road make me wonder what used to be here. The hike back up the hill - let's just say I got my workout. Interesting how just walking a different trail promotes different thoughts. Curiosity about where it goes. A little bit of fear - as if one could really get lost in Ft. Thomas. I like the idea of being able to get lost in suburbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...