Monday, June 7, 2010

Hummingbird Dreams

We decamp our lives in favor
of a leafy bower. Hidden
delight is the order of the day.

The hide-and-seek leaves
muffle the light
create a green womb safe
for hiding
for playing
and for dreaming.

Words jumble tumble free from our filters
Silence rests on the katydid’s back.
I loiter, your belly pillow gurgling
my ear deciphers its tribal rhythms.
My hands dance the invisible music
wrapped in the lavender chord of your laughter
then fall and sleep upon my chest.

Your taste skates thru me
igniting Delphic visions in its wake
whose amniotic dreams birth a radiance
both primeval and unexampled.

Our giggling draws them in
Shy at first
Then becoming bolder
Fearless enough at last to
perch upon my finger
These hummingbird dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like both you and your poetic neural pathways are happy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you sister/niece/friend and all 'round cosmic thinker!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...