Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blog-y Bits

My friend Fabeku refers to his blog as blog-y bits, which made me laugh because it reminded me of naughty bits - a decidedly British euphemism for genitalia. Yes, I have the innate sense of humor of a 5th year British schoolboy. Blog pre-cursors are partially formed blog ideas, sparks of blog worthy thoughts and generally naughty behaving little shits to me, so blog-y bits seems a good name for them.

Seems while I was off in the remote reaches of Oxy-land where time passes differently, where thoughts go on forever and where writing is something one plans to do in the far off land of Tomorrow, unrest has been growing among my blog-y bits. In fact, they seem close to open blog-y bit rebellion because I have ignored them in favor of my navel lint for the last 4 weeks. To the blog-y bits this is apparently just unacceptable.

Most of you may not know this, but actual blogs start as these blog-y bits that live in your brain like a parasite. They are nothing at all like the finished blogs you see posted here all sensically behaved and gramatically correct - but they can, if attended to properly, become one of those. The blog-y bits are rather more self-absorbed and need to be petted and groomed and told regularly how awesome they are. And if left on their own for too long, they get kinda pissy. Some will become hairy little nomads that wander off to the far reaches of the cranium and will require the grooming process to begin all over. That is IF they can be roped and tied again at all. The little princess blog-y bits just stamp their slippers, get huffy and stalk off demanding that your head be removed for ignoring them, trailing pink sparkles as they go. That trail makes them easy to find, although coaxing them back can be quite challenging and may require the use of a magic apple or a unicorn.

Some will begin to meet in secret dark cranial places with other blog-y bits and THAT is when the trouble starts. Others cannot stand to be too overcrowded such that another blog-y bit interloper invades their space. If that happens they have the evil habit of disapparating at will. Generally just as I sit down to write them. It's some kind of passive-aggressive blog-y bit head game. Sometimes they will resurface. Always on their own timetable. More often they are gone forever

I always feel the most spectacular ones are also the ones that have little patience when it comes to hanging around unitl I get to them? And I wonder which Pulitzer-potential blog-y bits went AWOL in the last 4 weeks?

Oh shit! Did I just hear one over there scream 'You'll never take our freedom'!?! Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...